19 December 2011

Vikings vs Carthaginians

After not playing FOG for several months and getting the bug again after our FOG Napoleonic's game last week, The Hung Over One (Mark…LOL… serious hangover he was) and I thought we would bust out the troops in an 800 point game on Sunday. It turned out to be an epic all day battle, with some mind bending re-learning of the rules as we went. We started mid morning after messing about with lists and making sure we had the step-up the table all correct, as per the rules. Straight off the bat Mark had most of the terrain in my half, which is no good for my Heavy foot troops, which is almost all my army.
FOG - Field of Glory - Vikings Battle lineFOG - Field of Glory - Carthaginians Battle Line
It started out pretty much even, with the Cathy’s moving up and holding position on the far side of the open fields, mean while this gave my Vikings time to move about. Somehow I managed to rearrange my line and move past most of the open fields causing me grief in the deployment.
Then it was a bit of cat and mouse as our light troops picked away at each side trying to cause someone to break or inflict enough to do some damage. We blundered a few rules as we went, but corrected ourselves as and where we realised.
Then we did the whole over think the rules bit, and got ourselves lost in rules as an entire battle lines clashed, with all sorts of overlaps all the way along the main battle line. After lunch and lots of rule reading we figured it out.

View albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView albumView album

In the end I managed to break enough of the Carthy’s to take the win, just as several of my mighty Huscals were on the edge of auto break due to loss of numbers. (Which was a first for me, as there cohesion was untouched, I just kept failing on the the death rolls and losing stands, but making the cohesion tests every time)

Hail to the Dice God’s… I think they were laughing too hard at Mark and his hangover to lend him a hand …LOL.

It was an epic battle, taking all day with us re-learning the rules. But who cares how long it took or who won, it was fun, rolling dice and pushing toys around the with mates. Now that's what it’s truly all about. Roll on Christmas with more toys and lots more games.

No comments:

Post a Comment