09 December 2012

Viking Bruiser

The last Club day of the year has come and gone, and as usual it was another glorious day. We only had four tables going yesterday, a Lord of the Rings Game, Field of Glory, Field of Glory Napoleonic's and full on 28mm Napoleonic’s game using some old rules “War Games 1685-1845”, which looked fantastic.

War Games 1685-1845War Games 1685-1845War Games 1685-1845War Games 1685-1845War Games 1685-1845War Games 1685-1845

I didn’t catch up with how the battle went or who won, but it looked like a pretty epic battle.

War Games 1685-1845War Games 1685-1845War Games 1685-1845War Games 1685-1845

 

Lord of the RingsLord of the RingsLord of the Rings

Also another great looking game of Lord of the Rings played out in the morning . A lot of the scenery the guys have at the club is just awesome.

 

 

I rolled out my Vikings in a couple FOG games, first in a long time, so the rules were pretty rusty. I got really crushed in the first game up against Mike’s Korean’s. The dice were not kind to me and I started badly with placement and ended up having my flank destroyed.

Field of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - Vikings

The second game was a lot closer as I battled with Kevin’s Syrians. In fact it was the closest game I’ve ever had. I managed to kill 3 of Kevin's generals and he killed one of mine all in the space of two turns. We made a few mistakes with the rules along the way, being rusty and also trying to use the new 2.0 rules as well, but I think it evened out over all. The Syrians gave my Vikings a beating at the beginning with the Heavy Chariots, so it wasn’t until well past the half way point in the game that my heavy foot troops got stuck into the Syrian troops. It basically came down to a race between my Freemen finishing off the Syrian foot troops or the Syrian Cavalry catching my mob of thralls and running them down. The Syrian troops boke first giving the Vikings the win by the skin on there teeth.

Field of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - VikingsField of Glory - Vikings

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I used to have a copy of those Wargames Rules back in the 80's. I didn't know they were still around!

    ReplyDelete