24 April 2013

Guilds of Cadwallon

image

Got home tonight to find a nice surprise on my doorstep, my first Kick-starter backing turned up. Guilds of Cadwallon by Coolmini or Not.

After playing through the very basic rules a couple of times by myself to get the mechanics down, then playing my wife at two games (and losing both of them) I’m please to say it’s a very “Cool” game indeed. The mechanics are pretty simple, and the production quality is very good, equal to any Fantasy flight game production. The artwork on the cards is outstanding, better than I expected by miles. I must say, getting the big box and the game board was also a good choice as it makes the game look much better on the table. Also means with the extras I got, you can play with 2-8 players. Very neat little quick game.Looking forward to seeing what the guys think of it on the weekend.

Here’s a few pictures off the web site and a little video of the gameplay.(no need to reinvent the wheel)

Link to the Kickstarter project

image

image

No comments:

Post a Comment