25 July 2014

Plague and Shop

Ding….
Ding…..
Ding ….
Bring out ya dead …
Yes I feel pretty much like the walking dead, having managed to get myself a rather nasty dose of Bronchitis,  I’ve been off all week. Working a little from home when the brain registers enough for such tasks and the coughing fits stop long enough to think.
Plague and Shop you say, well that’s what my iPhone Siri translation came up with as I tested out using it for audio translation for a blog entry. Kinda funny since I actually said “Pike and Shotte” and that period in time saw real plagues, add to that my own current health..I had to laugh .. then try and cough my lungs up for 2 minutes.
I’ve been slowly chipping away at my Parliamentary army and I'm now down to putting the final few models together for my last infantry unit.
I’ve ended up with a few more models than I originally anticipated.
3 Generals (2 Mounted 1 foot)
1 Mortar (6 models)
3 Medium Canons (16 models)
1 Firelock Storming Party (20 models)
1 Dragoon Unit (12 Mounted and 12 Foot)
2 Cavalry Units  (24 Mounted Models)
1 Cuirassier Cavalry Unit (12 Mounted models)
4 Infantry Units (160 models)
1 group of dead guys (13 models)
So 278 models all up, 50 of which are mounted. I plan on getting them all undercoated and with a base coat of colour on them before the big game at our next club day.
2014-07-24 20.32.42
On other things, I started watching the TV series called “Orphan Black” after hearing of it on the D6G pod cast. By the third episode it starts getting really good, I’m hooked.
image
An excerpt from Wikipedia does a good summary
“Orphan Black is a Canadian science fiction television series created by screenwriter Graeme Manson and director John Fawcett, starring Tatiana Maslany as several identical people who are revealed to be clones. The series focuses on Sarah Manning, a woman who assumes the identity of one of her clones, Elizabeth Childs, after witnessing Childs' suicide. The series raises issues about the moral and ethical implications of human cloning and its effect on issues of personal identity.”
imageI also started listening to an audio book of Larry Correia, Monster Hunter International. Gun’s, gore and monsters, what more could you want … oh yeah,  girls with guns of course.
An excerpt from Amazons web page. Five days after Owen Zastava Pitt pushed his insufferable boss out of a fourteenth story window, he woke up in the hospital with a scarred face, an unbelievable memory, and a job offer. It turns out that monsters are real. All the things from myth, legend, and B-movies are out there, waiting in the shadows. Officially secret, some of them are evil, and some are just hungry. On the other side are the people who kill monsters for a living. Monster Hunter International is the premier eradication company in the business
It’s rather entertaining and the narrator is really good so very easy to listen to it while trying to put together models and not super glue ones fingers together.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of dudes. :) Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the author of Monster Hunter International is also a mini painter. :) http://monsterhunternation.com/2014/07/22/geeky-hobbies-mini-painting-wips/

    ReplyDelete