24 October 2014

Watermark

I got inspired after seeing some photos on google+ when I discovered the million and one “Communities”  out there, some of the warbird shots I was looking at had a little logon watermark which I thought was pretty cool. So after several hours of mucking around I came up with this.

It’s a mix of things, the circle is almost the same as my wedding band, and of course I cant go past the dragon, being that I have a large tattoo collection of dragons. I’m not sure about the dragon, may have to change it for a less detailed one so when its stamped in on photos its more recognizable.

Here's a couple of test photos with the logo on, still a work in progress I think.





So after a 1am callout this morning, (ugh .. I’m getting to old for that) I decided to spoil myself and get a new bottle of scotch.

Signatory Bruichladdich 21 year old … oh yeah

According to http://www.whiskygalore.co.nz/


“Classic Bruichladdich on the nose with fresh ripe fruits (notably melon) and apricot, it builds to a creamy, buttery flavour and a striking salty twang on the edges of the palate with becomes quite dry. A classy old dram that shows you don't need peat and smoke to be a great Islay whisky.”




I’m not sure about the apricot, my noise and tastes aren't that subtle, but its definitely got the buttery creamy thing going on. Its smooth and silky, no hard edges at all on the after taste. It’s going to match up well with the slow cook pork belly I've got in the oven for dinner tonight.

1 comment: